Get An Offer Today, Sell In Less Than 21 days...
Sell Your House by Yourself in Philadelphia | Property Selling Guide
Selling your house is something you’ll have to do maybe just a few times in your life. And unless you know reputable real estate agencies who will sell your house for free or a hugely discounted commission… it can be a real pain in the rear and an expensive process for you. So… you landed on this page about “How to sell your house by yourself in Philadelphia” for a few reasons, I’m guessing…
- You have no or very little equity in your house, so you can’t afford to pay a real estate agents commission
- You have equity but want to try to save money selling the house yourself before you resort to hiring a licensed realtor
- You’re in foreclosure (or heading that way) and need to sell house fast without incurring thousands in agent commissions
- You can’t wait the months and months it sometimes takes to sell a house in the Philadelphia area in this market, so you want to try to sell it more quickly
Whatever you land in… there are ways to sell your house in the local Philadelphia real estate market.
Since 2013, the housing sector has been experiencing a significant recovery. Selling your house at this time will be profitable if you do it right. In most cases, it is about using innovative marketing strategies and being realistic about your expectations of what you want to achieve with this sale.
This article will provide a property selling guide to help you sell your Philadelphia area house yourself.
How To Sell Your House by Yourself in Philadelphia Pennsylvania – Let’s Dive In
How to Sell Your House by Yourself in Philadelphia | Know the Philadelphia Real Estate Market Well
The first and most important step is market research on your Philadelphia, Pennsylvania neighborhood. This step involves visiting various home marketing sites (Zillow, Eppraisal, the Chase home value estimator, etc.), calling a real estate agent to see what your home is worth, or reading about the various market pricing techniques. Proper homework on these issues will allow you to come up with the right price for your house and also helps you to avoid making inevitable selling property mistakes.
If you don’t want to hassle with trying to come up with a home value yourself… give us a call at [215-359-6090], and we’ll give you an honest, fair valuation of what your house is worth on the retail market (if you’re going to wait the 3-6+ months to find the perfect retail buyer). And if you want to… we’ll make you an excellent all-cash offer on your house to give you that option of a quick house sale (we can close in as little as seven days if you want to).
Assess the market
This step is almost similar to conducting market research, only that you are bound to your neighborhood and similar houses in this case. Are there lots of homes for sale in your area here in Philadelphia? If so, what is the average that they are listing for? Are there lots of foreclosures in your neighborhood? That may drag your house price down.
Assess the house
Your house should be in top condition or shape to sell at a reasonable price as a seller. Identify its unique characteristics and emphasize them during real estate marketing. For example, in Philadelphia, a house with a driveway parking may be more attractive to buyers than one with a garage parking.
Also, does your house require repairs? Does it need to be repainted inside or out? What is the condition of the roof? Is the landscaping in good shape? Is the house outdated at all? (You know, those popcorn ceilings ;-). All these things can make the home more attractive or less attractive depending on the buyer… which changes the price they’re willing to pay.
After all of this… come up with an asking price for your Philly home that is fair… isn’t so high. It’ll take 12 months to sell the house… but it is attractive, so you get a frenzy of cash home buyers ready to buy it quickly.
Use Photos or Videos
Philadelphia home buyers are obsessed with media. Taking walk-through videos of the house and using the videos to advertise will enable you to reach a broader market. These videos are considered more transparent than taking photos. However, this should not stop you from using the latter option since it is more affordable than the video.
So, take some great pictures. Please take a picture of every room in the house that helps show it off. Please take a picture of the house from the outside from a few different angles… people want to see the house before they ever show up. So having great photos of your home online could be the difference between getting the right buyer quickly… and waiting months and months to sell.
Get Your House “Listed” On The Local Philadelphia MLS and Market It
You can find no or low-fee real estate brokers these days who will charge you a few hundred bucks to put your house on the local MLS (multiple listing services.) This gets your home in front of all real estate agents quickly (so be prepared to pay those “buyers” agents a 2-3% buyers broker fee if you plan to have their support in helping you find a buyer.
Place ads in the local newspaper signs on the roads, and hold an open house.
All Of This Sound Like a Lot of Work to Sell Your Philadelphia House Fast Yourself?
It can be.
And in the end, many Philadelphia house sellers think they’re saving money and time by marketing the house themselves… when in the future, it costs them more money to go that route.
When you sell your own house, here are some things you need to consider…
- If you’re not a good marketer or aren’t ready to spend a bunch of time marketing your house, right… selling it yourself may not be your best bet
- If you don’t do a good job preparing the house and the marketing materials… and working with buyers to build the value of your home in their minds… you may sell the house for 3-8% less than you may get for the same place an experienced person marketed the house for you
- Too many sellers never think about holding costs or opportunity costs… every month that your house doesn’t sell means another mortgage payment, tax payment, insurance, utilities, etc. If your mortgage payment is $1,500/mo… and $1,300 of that is interesting… if it takes you seven months to sell your house… that will cost you an extra $9,100 (not to mention taxes and insurance you paid during that time). So, if you were able to sell that house more quickly… would it make sense to provide a buyer a discounted price today so you can close quickly and move on? Something to think about.
If you’d instead not put up the hassle of trying to sell your house by yourself… and would rather sell it quickly for a fair price without paying commissions or fees…
… here at [Buying Property 215], we buy local Philadelphia, Pennsylvania houses.
We’d love to make you a fair, NO OBLIGATION and NO HASSLE cash offer on your house.
We can close quickly (in as little as seven days if you want to) … which would save you thousands of dollars vs. trying to sell the house yourself and waiting for months.
Also, when we buy local Philadelphia homes, we complete all the necessary house repairs (we pay for them ourselves), so you don’t have to worry about that.
If you want to see what we can pay for your house, call us today at [215-359-6090] or fill out the quick, simple form through the link below. (The Better Business Bureau accredits us with an A+ rating, we are approved by the Chamber of Commerce and have 5-star google reviews!)