Get An Offer Today, Sell In Less Than 21 days...
Relocating and Need to Sell My House in Philadelphia
Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Philadelphia home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website weekly, saying, “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Philadelphia.” We can help many sellers sell their houses quickly (because we’re actively buying homes in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, right now!). There’s an insane number of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often a new job or a sick relative. Still, the need to move always comes with a dramatic change of relocating and need to sell my house in Philadelphia!
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you pay to own and maintain a vacant house for two years. That gets expensive, and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable in Philadelphia, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Philadelphia house fast?
Relocating And Need to Sell My House in Philadelphia… Your Options and Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this, you can contact a reputable licensed realtor or connect with us, and we can give you a no-cost no, obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market, that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able/willing to sell my home in Philly.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after relocating: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job and had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house and how long you’re willing to keep making two mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early; you don’t waste any time. Every month you wait, or every month it takes to sell the house, costs you money. Or, if you don’t want to use a Philly real estate agent to sell, we are a reputable local cash house buyer, and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all-cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >> Contact Us.
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which, if you’re still within the first ten years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000, and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance and repairs while you’re gone, etc.) Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity building” expenses. If it takes you seven months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it costs you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs,” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the seller’s agent). You are totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those seven months, etc. The actual price to you was likely closer to $30,000. But what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s say, $175,000), you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. seven months later at a total price (and paying holding costs and licensed realtor fees). Make sense?
- Take action: Whatever you decide, decide and take action; if you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Philadelphia agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions, then a viable option may be to sell your house to us!
If you have a lot of time on your side and a great property, you might want to test the market by offering it a high price. There’s a slight chance someone might fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way, that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common. Unless your property is exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale simultaneously to see what happens first. Of course, you must maintain control of the process, confusing even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Buying Property 215, And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating and Need to Sell My House in Philadelphia?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Philly homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who:
- Need to sell a house fast (we can close in as little as seven days if you need us to)
- I don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- They can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in any condition)
- or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Philadelphia community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you our top price, and we can close fast with cash!
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances, that risk can pay off. For example, you are relocating and need to sell my house in Philadelphia!
We’re happy to help you find answers to your most challenging questions about your Philadelphia real estate, so please feel free to call us at [215-359-6090] and chat with us anytime. The Better Business Bureau accredits our family-owned business with an A+ rating and 5-star Google reviews!