Get An Offer Today, Sell In Less Than 21 days...
Sell Your Philly Home
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell if you’re looking for top dollar that the market will bear:
*NOTE: These instructions are if you want total retail value for your quick house sale. However, if you don’t want to do the things below… or don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your Philadelphia house fast for a fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you time and expense.
1) Clean, clean and clean. Even vacant houses get dusty and dirty, so keep it up! Nothing short of gleaming perfection will impress home buyers. If you’re not a total clean freak, hire someone who is to help you out until you sell.
If you’re a slob, consider finding somewhere else to live while you show your house. Maybe you can bribe your cleanest friend to trade places with you? Seriously, keeping everything immaculate helps buyers feel comfortable in your space. Nothing stops people faster from purchasing property than feeling disgusted.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. You don’t have to paint everything off-white. Some subtle colors can help change the perception of spaces – for example; a soft yellow will help brighten up a dark kitchen, while a deep dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep (but be careful, dark colors will also make rooms feel small).
Spend the money to get high-quality paint and professional help. Subconsciously people will pay more for a property with just the right colors and elegant lines – it makes the home feel better built, even though it’s just painted.
Optical illusions are real, and psychologists study this stuff. Don’t believe me?
Look it up. And don’t neglect the outside and do the inside or anything else that’s unbalanced.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. Yeah, it might feel like a waste of money to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a dishwasher that someone else might pull out and replace again. But really, quite a few buyers will get a home inspection and use the opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller, you’ll often pay more if you try to hide neglected home maintenance from the purchaser – and of course, you don’t want to be guilty of fraud.
Make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
It’s often a good use of money to hire a home inspector to come through before you put the property on the market. If you ask in advance, they’ll often charge you a tiny rate to come back after you’ve done a bunch of minor repairs and deliver you a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers love to see an independent report on the house’s condition – it makes them feel very comfortable with the purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over-improving. They often spend too much money on customized frills that can’t be recovered in the sale.
Paint is the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
Knowing what improvements will produce a return on investment is essential to avoid wasting money.
5) Get expert opinions. You should find at least a few decent real estate agents who will help you price your property but be honest with them. If you’re going to market the property on your own, don’t make enemies by lying about your intentions. Great brokers are rare, but they make more money for their clients than they earn.
6) Have a great real estate marketing plan. Again, great brokers earn value by doing this work and spreading the advertising expenses to many clients. Starting from scratch is pretty expensive and time-consuming, but if you’re already a marketing expert, you’re ahead of the pack.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses in Philadelphia – to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Philadelphia area and do all the work, so you don’t have to deal with this stuff.
Don’t Want to Do the Things Above Yourself? But Still Want to Sell Your Philadelphia Pennsylvania House Fast?
While everyone wants to get as much as they possibly can from their house sale… not everyone can do the things or wants to do the things required to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Doing the house repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property… those all take money and can take lots of time.
If you have the funds to do these things... AND you can wait the 3-9 months, it takes to sell houses in this market… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things then list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local Philly house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So, if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Philadelphia“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell your Philly home, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell house fast.